The organization promotes, protects and advances young people’s human rights by building leadership, and strengthening youth led initiatives and movements. Founded in 2016, Saud Unite has worked directly with young people to set up our projects in Bangladesh over the last 1 years, young people between 15-28 years of age.
- Our Vision is of a world where young people’s human rights are realized, their leadership skills are enhanced and they are recognized as powerful changemakers and equal stakeholders in society.
- Our Mission is to promote, protect and advance young people’s human rights by building leadership and strengthening youth led initiatives and movements.
- Our Goal is to support and enable young people to create programs and influence policies in the areas of gender, sexuality, health, education, the arts & governance.
We believe in empowering young people’s access to information, services, and rights such that they can build collective platforms to challenge and develop their leadership potential. We empower young people by supporting their work through three key focus areas, namely:
- Awareness and Advocacy: Young people’s work with Gender, Sexuality, Health & Rights, Peer Pressure and Mental Health, Life Skills and Education, Healthcare and Governance and Accountability (focussing on the implementation of The Right to Information Act in Bangladesh).
- Communication & Skills Development: Saud Unite trains young people to develop their communication and technical skills, and skill to work with film, literature and to build and support platforms for independent music in Bangladesh.